Decisions are always hard to make, right? Even the seemingly easy ones:
- Do I eat the tootsie rolls giving me the eye from my desk? Or hold off for my much healthier afternoon snack of greek yogurt and pomegranate seeds? <eat the greek yogurt, MAYBE one tootsie midgie>
- Sleep in? Go to the gym?<duh, go to the gym>
- Get the venti from starbucks or buckle down and bring my own from home?<venti, always venti>
These aren’t tough decisions, right? Well, the decision to take the plunge and commit to the Group Kick certification process wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. Still scares the bejesus out of me but this morning my decision was reinforced during Group Power.
Kiki is the wellness director at my gym and she taught today’s class (I am taking a couple weeks off from STS to give my body a change of pace, hence Group Power this morning). She’s also the one who convinced my sister and I to sign on the dotted line for Group Kick. You should’ve seen her face this morning when she saw us in her class (it had been quite awhile since we took one of her classes) – it was if we were superstars or something! She told everyone in class that we were her newest trainees and that they’d all be seeing lots more of us in the future. She couldn’t contain her excitement to save her life.
Her reaction did two things for me:
- It 100% reinforced for me that I made the right decision and that I CAN do this and will rock it out when the time comes and,
- Damn I better kick it up a notch in class today now that everyone knows we’re supposedly super fit or something. 😉
So needless to say, Jolene and I left that class feeling like we just left an audition (and did pretty darn well I must say). As I sit here typing this up, my arms are on fire and I’m pretty sure my legs will be screaming at me tonight during Group Spin. But best of all? I have a huge smile on my face, I’m so excited for what’s to come in the next few weeks and can’t wait (don’t worry there’s a smidge of dread in there too) for the 3-day training/certification process in mid-December. As the Group Kick tagline says, I’m more than ready to “kick some!”