I’ve been thinking. Part of my resolutions for 2010 was to focus on the little things that make me smile and avoiding going down that “negative path” we’re all guilty of sliding down. This week was a tough one for me, one that made it hard to find those “little things.”
I was able to dig myself out of that negative hole yesterday as you saw in my post where I finally found some perspective in light of the tragedy in Haiti. Sometimes the big picture is all that’s needed to snap out of it.
Well, now that Friday is here and things are a wee bit calmer for me, I thought I’d take a few minutes to list my “Friday Top 5” (basically anything positive I can think of that’s making me smile, that’s giving me new perspective, etc.).
- A Group Kick do-over: We had a small team practice this morning that, not gonna lie, we didn’t really rock. We were all pretty tired, legs felt like cement, weren’t at our best. It’s apparently been a long week for all of us. 😉 So I’m actually really glad that we’re doing *another* Kick practice tonight, this time with our fitness director so I must bring my A-game. I may need a second venti for that…
- Speaking of Venti’s: My morning got better when I went to my favorite Starbucks (literally five seconds from work, annnnd it has a drive-thru, bonus!) and they were so friendly! They usually are, they know me and my sister’s order as soon as we arrive. Today I decided to forgo the drive-thru since the line was long and I wanted to get to work. I went in and didn’t even say a word – they had my venti pike all ready for me when I got to the counter and were just SO friendly and happy. It just made me smile. It didn’t hurt that the coffee was super fresh brewed so it was extra tasty. 🙂
- Savory Oatmeal: WHAT is this and how come I’ve never heard of it before! Just hopped on over to one of my favorite blogs (The Balanced Broad, check her out) and saw this recipe. MUST TRY IT. Looks divine. Made my tummy growl a little bit.
- GNI Plans: Yup, you heard right, I said GNI (that would be “girls night in” for those of you not in the know). I have the best group of friends ever and it’s been way too long since our last girls night in. We try to do them monthly but it got a little hairy with the holidays so we haven’t had one since November. WAY too long. The theme is mexican – I’m making my famous guacamole (awesome recipe, will share it if you want!). Really excited about it. Always lots of laughs, good food, and duh, wine.
- A long weekend: This one snuck up on me. Didn’t even realize we got MLK off until I checked the calendar the other day! Work is a little crazy still so I may do a smidge of work on Monday but I don’t mind especially since I’ll be home annnd especially because Scott actually has the day off. He never gets long weekends (ah, retail) but since his new day off is Mondays, it works out pretty well. Maybe we’ll sleep in and go out to breakfast together. Hmm.
Wow, that was a lot easier to come up with than I thought. I might have to make this a recurring theme. And, of course, now I’m curious what your top 5 list would look like!