I’m a quasi-grouch this morning. And for no good reason other than the fact that it’s mid-month bill-paying time which always leaves us feeling stretched until payday comes rolling around again (um, hello mortgage!).
I’m trying my best to put it into perspective that 1 – we’re saving for the first time in awhile and on a consistent basis (score!) and 2- we’re still managing to have fun in the process, not worrying about every last penny. Case in point – despite the mid-month squeeze, we’re still planning to move forward with our big “date” tomorrow night (more on that in a sec), which to me is progress that I’m learning (slowly but surely) not to sweat the small stuff as much anymore (and that includes money – it’s just paper, right??).
Given my grumpy pants this morning, I’ve decided it’s high time that I bring back the “Friday Top 5” theme I rather unsuccessfully kicked off exactly a month ago and have since forgotten to keep going. Oops!
Without further ado, I’m “changing” out of my grumpy pants and into my favorite jeans that the hubs said I looked “hot” in this morning (he totally made me blush, btw) and kicking off today’s Friday Top 5:
- It’s a long weekend – Duh, this easily tops the list today, especially since said long weekend will be spent with Scott by my side which, as you I’ve mentioned before, is a rarity for us given his job. He commented to me last night that ‘wow, we’re gonna be like a real couple this weekend for once.’ I’m definitely not taking it for granted, that’s for sure.
- We’re Kickin’ it tomorrow @10:30 – which is awesome for a few reasons. One – it’s Kick, so obviously awesome, in an of itself, by default. Two – it’s at 10:30 which means we can sleep in a bit before prepping for class. And three – Scott is coming to class which should be equal parts entertainment and glee that he’s there sharing the moment with me.
- Date night is coming – As I alluded to earlier, Scott and I are going on a long-awaited “real” date out on Saturday night. Haven’t been out together, just the two of us, in eons and we’re going to a really cute, romantic restaurant with an awesome wine list. Don’t wait up for us. 😉
- Cathe can still kick my butt, literally – I pulled out an oldie but a goody this morning, Cathe’s Butts & Guts which I think I’ve mentioned before is my FAVORITE Cathe workout. It’s one that always, no matter what, kicks my butt – I was in agony this morning, my quads were on fire (thanks to a double combo of Kick and Ride yesterday, oops), but I loved it. I feel so alive when I’m in that heat of a great workout!!
- My house is clean – Yes, I’m a clean freak. I love the smell of a clean house, all of my favorite cleaning products (Mr. Clean anyone??) come out in full force; I’m at my most peaceful when the house has been cleaned top to bottom. I know, I’m weird. I got a second wind (amazingly) last night after Ride and managed to clean the entire house before plopping into bed with Grey’s playing in the background. Now I can come home after work tonight, pick up some groceries and be DONE with cleaning and errands for the entire long weekend, and all before Scott even gets home from work tonight. C’mon, that’s exciting stuff, no?? (ok, maybe it’s just me).
So there you have it – my Friday Top 5, which, I must say, has put me in MUCH better spirits. All it took was a good blog session and I feel much better. This is why I heart blogging…well one of the many reasons, anyway. ; Happy, happy Friday at last!!