So, some of you may already know this (let’s be honest, you all know this by now), but I’m a serious Type-A personality. I overthink. I overschedule. I overplan.
My. Brain. Does. Not.Shut.Off.
And with the holidays coming up this weekend and Scott and I playing host on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (*and* New Years Eve), I’m a wee bit…crazy.
To that end, I thought we could play a little game, a game I like to call:
“And this is how my brain works.”
In thinking through my workout schedule for this week (like I said, I like to maintain consistency during the holidays as best as I can)…
Let’s see, I’m going to barre n9ne on Monday, Wednesday night for a double session and Thursday night for a double session.
But wait, maybe I’ll do the earlier double session on Wednesday so I can get home earlier for dinner with Scott…he’ll be done with his final exam by then, I think.
<logs in to the barre n9ne schedule>
…darn it, on the wait list for barre cardio…but in first position. Ok, I’ll probably get into that one. Sweet.
Hmm. But if I double on Thursday, I won’t get my run in that morning (I may be crazy and do the occasional double, but a three-a-day?? Overboard!). Ok so maybe I’ll nix the second class so I can run in the morning.
Speaking of running, what days will I run next week. Hm. Monday – 6 miles steady. Tuesday – interval day (wee). Thursday – 6 miles recovery. Friday – longer rundate with Jo and Steph. Saturday – rundate with Scott before all hell breaks loose at the party. Perfect. (at least that was pretty seamless…pats self on back)
In thinking through my to-do and to-buy lists for the holidays next weekend (yes, there is a “to do” *and* “to buy” list, and it’s growing by the second…neatly typed up in Word, mind you)…
Ok so payday is Wednesday. Shoot. No time to tick things off the “to buy” list that day. Hm.
Thursday, bah- my list is long. Let’s see. I can get up early, get that run in first thing. Quickly shower and eat breakfast. Hit the grocery store and target at least before I start my work day (thank god it’s a work from home day…).
Friday. Longer, much longer list. Oy. Let’s break it down:
– Get up and clean like a fiend (shouldn’t take me long since my house is never “messy” – but there is a method to how I clean and what I clean and how often I clean…as in every single week the whole house is cleaned, floors too).
– Put on run gear and rundate it up with Jo and Steph.
– Quick shower before our cookie baking party begins.
– Finish cookie baking and start ticking off that errand list…liquor store, candy store (last minute gifts), butcher (for Christmas Day goodies), Home Depot (we need new toilet seats…don’t ask), toy store (another last minute gift stop).
– Come home. Clean up the mess that the hubs and father-in-law probably made while prepping the sauce and meatballs and baked ziti for Christmas Eve.
– Wrap presents (least favorite task EVER)
– Bake one final batch of cookies – black and whites, Scott’s fave and a cookie recipe only he and I can make together, by his insistence…
– Flop on the couch with a glass of wine.
…but wait…I should probably also set up the tables and chairs, get all the serving ware out and organized, set up the plates, cups and wine glasses too…
<gets up off the couch, sets wine glass on the table…>